Game-changing technology in bitumen recovery.
Imagine the ramifications and benefits of 99+% recovery of 99+% pure bitumen from tailings, froth, or oil sands without using solvents in the extraction process.
NO ENVIRONMENTAL CONTAMINANTS, NO TAILINGS PONDS.
Zero environmental contaminants.
Not only it is possible, it’s a reality. CAC-24 is a completely diluent-free, totally inert chemistry that is revolutionizing the agglomeration of carbonaceous materials.
The use of VPC’s patent-pending CAC-24 chemistry and High Shear Process delivers 99+% bitumen recovery to the upgrader. Extraction becomes a significantly more productive process with higher output, reduced costs and greater profits while literally creating no pollution streams, enabling the land to be reclaimed completely and immediately.
- More efficient extraction—99+% bitumen recovery
- Bitumen is 99+% pure, containing less than .5% water and solids
- Solids settle quickly for easy reclamation
- Process consumes 75% less water than the Clark hot water process
- 20% reduction in green house gasses
- Significantly less energy usage (depending on where the VARY process is introduced)
- Complete elimination of environmental issues and costs
- No froth, no diluents, no flocculants used anywhere in the recovery process—no VOCs
- No tailing ponds and disposal issues
- Chemistry is 100% recyclable
- Tailings are dry and stackable and can be immediately land filled which allows for simultaneous land reclamation
- Chemistry and dry tailings are EPA environmentally compliant